Collecting a debt

You can apply for our help in collecting a debt (enforcement) if you have a judgment or a decision (verdict).

In the same application that, you can fill in, for example, that you want our help in

  • collecting a determined debt
  • having someone evicted.

If so, two cases will be registered with us.

Please note

The e-service is in Swedish, the form is in English.

You who are a private individual or have a sole proprietorship, can apply via the e-service or with a form. Other traders can apply with a form. For you who represent a company, the e-service is under development.

Who can apply via the e-service?

You who are a private individual or a sole trader, can apply via the e-service.

If you are the CEO or a representative with sole right to sign, you can create, sign and submit an application for enforcement.

Representatives who do not have the right to sign for a company name alone can create and edit an application that has not been submitted, if there is someone else at the company who has the sole right to sign.

The e-service is not available to representatives in companies where no one has the sole right to sign.

Collecting a debt: Apply for enforcement

You can apply through our e-service (in Swedish) or by using a form (in English). Carefully fill in all the details so that you do not need to add anything to your application.

A maintenance arrangement

Do you have a maintenance arrangement and want our help in collecting the debt? If so, you must use the form when filing your application.

Collecting children's maintenance

Fill in details

For example, you must fill in details on

  • yourself
  • the one you have a claim against
  • what your application is about (for example attachment)
  • your claim
  • the decision (verdict) or the judgment on which the application is based. If you have a decision from the Supreme Court, you do not need to send a legal validity certificate. The decision will suffice
  • other things that may be of value
  • attachments that you submit.

Attach documents

  • decision (verdict) or the judgment with a legal validity certificate, if such exists
  • other documents you want to attach.


In an application regarding attachment for maintenance allowance, you must specify your claim.

If you have a claim based on a negotiable promissory note, this must be attached in original. If it is a so-called non-negotiable promissory note, a copy will suffice.

Joint Payment Responsibility

Are you applying for us to collect a debt from several individuals who are jointly (jointly and severally) liable for payment? If so, you must submit one application per person. It is important that you send all applications to the same office if you apply by form. You must do this even if a person belongs to another office. Only enclose one copy of the judgment or decision (verdict).

Cost of applying

You can find information about fees on our website.

Fees and costs

Apply for us to collect the debt

You can apply for us to collect the debt (enforcement) pursuant to a judgment or order (verdict) before it has become legally binding (no longer subject to appeal). If you have a judgment as a basis, we normally cannot distribute money as long as the judgment is subject to appeal.

Submit legal validity certificate

You must submit a legal validity certificate if you apply for our assistance in collecting a debt pursuant to a court judgment. The certificate shows that the judgment can no longer be appealed. If you have a decision from the Supreme Court, you do not need to send a legal validity certificate. The decision will suffice. You can also apply for enforcement in advance. In that case, you send us the certificate as soon as possible.

What to do

Contact the court that issued the judgment and request a legal validity certificate.

Send the certificate to us

  1. as an attachment together with the application for enforcement
  2. afterwards via email or by post if the judgment has not yet become legally binding when you apply.

Remember that you can always use our e-service.

If you use the form, you need to send your application to the correct office.

The postal code determines to which office you send the application. Find the correct office by filling in the postal code of the person who must pay (the debtor). Click Search.

Submit application for enforcement (in Swedish)

Cases being enforced

You can view information about your cases on My Pages. Log in and select Mina krav mot andra and then Mål som verkställs.

Cases being enforced (in Swedish)

Usually we contact the person who must pay (the debtor) and give them a certain amount of time to pay. If they do not, we will investigate the person's finances and assets. The purpose is to investigate whether the person has, for example, money or things that we can attach and sell in order for you to get paid.

When and what we can attach

You can read more about when we can attach, what and in what order, as well as what we cannot attach and what we avoid, here:

Attach salary or property

What happens if the entire debt is not paid?

We write an investigation report if the person in debt lacks attachable assets to pay the entire debt. We will send that to you.

There we summarise what we've done in the investigation and what property we found.

If the person has no assets, the debt remains with us until

  • it gets paid or
  • you report that you are withdrawing your case.


Notify us if the person who owes you money has paid some of their debt directly to you. You can email or write a letter.

Update your account details

Update your account details so that the disbursements are made properly and you receive them faster. If you want to change your account details, you can:

  • email us – write "Registration account change" in the subject line of the email or
  • send a letter to the office that is handling your case.

Submit the application for enforcement (in Swedish)