You want to evict the tenant or tenant-owner

You can apply for our assistance in evicting a tenant or tenant-owner. Apply for ordinary assistance to have the claim determined.

When can you apply?

You can apply for ordinary assistance to have a tenant (private individual or business) or tenant-owner evicted from a flat, premises, or condominium.

The most common reasons for eviction are that someone

  • does not pay the rent or the fee
  • disturbs the neighbours
  • neglects the flat, premises, or condominium
  • sublets without the approval of the landlord or the tenant-owners’ association or without having a valid cause.

In the same application, you can write that you want someone to pay and be evicted.

You pay a fee

You pay a fee if you apply for our help with ordinairy assistance to have a tenant (private individual or business) or tenant-owner evicted. Read more about our fees and costs:

Fees and costs

You can use the e-service (in Swedish) or the form (in English). If you prefer the form, fill in the form Application for order to pay/ordinary assistance.

Who can apply via the e-service?

You who are a private individual or a sole trader, can apply via the e-service.

If you are the CEO or a representative with sole right to sign, you can create, sign and submit an application for order to pay.

Representatives who do not have the right to sign for a company name alone can create and edit an application that has not been submitted, if there is someone else at the company who has the sole right to sign.

The e-service is not available to representatives in companies where no one has the sole right to sign.

Eviction: order to pay/ordinary assistance

You can apply via our e-service (in Swedish) or the form (in English).

Carefully fill out your application so that you do not need to add anything.

You must provide a lot of information

For example, you must fill in details on

  • you as applicant
  • contact details (email, phone number, entry code, mobile number, employer, etc.)
  • the one you believe must move
  • the claim and the background of your claim
  • interest and compensation for costs you have incurred.

Important to describe the claim

Describe the grounds of your claim in detail. Otherwise, you may need to supplement your application and your matter will take longer. Some examples of what you can write:

"Rent for March 20XX with due date XX February 20XX, invoice number XXXX has not been paid."

"Tenant X disturbs the neighbours by XXX, despite several reprimands. The disturbances have occurred on the following dates: X January, X January, and X February between the hours of XX.XX and XX.XX."

Attach copies

You must attach copies showing that

  • you have notified the social welfare board — applies when the tenant or tenant-owner has not paid their rent or fee or disturbs the neighbours
  • the social welfare board has received information about the eviction.

If you have already given the tenant or tenant-owner notice, you should also attach

  • a copy of the notice of termination
  • proof that the person or company has received the notice of termination (been served).

Costs you want compensation for

You can claim compensation for costs, such as the application fee and your own or the representative's work.

Consider enforcement

Now you must consider whether we should implement (enforce) the eviction if the claim is determined.

You must actively notify us if you do not want us to implement (enforce) the decision (verdict). Otherwise, we will do that. You can use the decision as basis for applying for enforcement later on.

Fees and costs for implementing a decision (enforcement)

The tenant or tenant-owner must primarily pay costs for, for example, packing, transport, and storage. If they are unable to pay, you are responsible for the costs of packing and transport, but not for storage.

You may need to pay an advance before we carry out the eviction. You may also have to pay if you want a special lock on the door.

You can find information about fees and costs on our website.

Fees and costs

Review and sign

Review your application and make any changes. After that, you sign your application using an e-ID or sign the form. Send it digitally or by post.

Your orders

You can see information about your orders on My Pages. Log in and select Mina krav mot andra and then Förelägganden.

Orders (in Swedish)

We first send a physical or digital letter (order) to the person you think should move. The letter can also be sent to a representative, such as a trustee or beneficiary. Anyone with a digital mailbox will receive the letter there.

The letter includes an acknowledgement of receipt that the person or representative must sign and return to us. It is proof that the person has received the letter (been served). They can also log in to My Pages and reply that they have received the letter or call us.

Reminder after ten days

We will send a reminder after ten days if the person does not

  • send the acknowledgement of receipt to us
  • respond via My Pages
  • call us and confirm that they have received the letter.

If the person does not respond after the reminder, we call or visit them at home. If necessary, we also visit the workplace. In addition to the two letters we send, our process servers usually also make three attempts to contact the person to get them to accept the letter. This is done at different times - days, evenings, and weekends.

If we cannot make contact

If we cannot make contact, we can still consider that the person has received the letter. There are two possibilities:

  • Another person agrees to receive the letter, such as an adult in the household or the employer. This is called "surrogate service".
  • We leave the letter in the person's home or at another suitable place after we have
    • attempted to make contact three times within three weeks
    • confirmed that the person lives at their registered address
    • visited the person's workplace
    • attempted to get someone in the household or the employer to accept the letter
    • assessed that the person has absconded or is staying away. This is called "nailing".

We can stop

We can stop our efforts to get the person to receive the letter if

  • we cannot reach the person, despite visits to their home or workplace.
  • no one can confirm that the person lives at their registered address.
  • we assess that the person has moved and cannot find a new address.

You can contact us

We may offer you to be personally responsible for ensuring that the person accepts the letter. This is called service by party. In these cases, you can choose to engage the Swedish Police or a process serving company that does what we call "service by process server".

You can also contact us about the possibility of carrying out service by party.

If you think the decision (the verdict) is wrong

You can apply for the court to change the decision (application for re-trial).

What to do

You apply by sending us an email or letter within three weeks from the date of the decision. Write

  • that you want to apply for re-trial to the district court
  • the number of the decision (the verdict)
  • why the decision is incorrect and in what way you want to change it
  • your contact details (name, personal identity number or company registration number, address, phone number).

Sign the application yourself or through a representative. You should also attach documents that you believe prove that the decision should be changed.

We will send your application to the court. The court does not charge a fee when you apply for re-trial.

This happens to your counterpart

Read more about what happens to the one you have a claim against.

The tenant-owners' association or your landlord wants you to move

When you apply to have someone evicted, you must consider whether we should implement (enforce) the eviction if the claim is determined. If you do not apply for enforcement now, you can do so later. If you do not take a position, the main rule is that we carry out the eviction.

Implement an eviction